We’ve already looked at competence (what to ask your newborn photographer to check their skills and training) and how to understand what you need your photographer to be able to do for you, so this part of the research will help you laser in on your top pick.
1. If you offer finished products, when do I get to see them and when do you tell me about specific pricing? (you want the answer to be BEFORE you book!)
2. How will I see my images for the first time?
3. When will I see my images?
4. How much is the upfront cost (session fee) and what does it include?
5. Do you have a satisfaction guarantee? What does it entail?
6. When does everything happen and at which points do I need to pay?
7. If I need digital files (to share on social media or to act as an archive) how can I access them?
8. How do you help me balance my budget with my desired wish list?
9. How will I know what will look good in my home, on my walls?
10. How will I know which sizes to choose? (If I’m investing my hard earned salary I want to feel confident in my choices!)
where we discuss your desired outcome and I’ll introduce rough pricing (‘starting from’ and ‘average spends’). If we seem like a good fit, you’re invited to come out to meet me.
where we look at different products and discuss detailed pricing in line with your desired outcome (Wall gallery? Album? Presents for the grandparents?) If I’m what you’re looking for your book your session and pay your session fee. We then plan your session to suit your wish list – everything is personal to you.
We’ve planned it out so this is the part where you relax and leave it all up to me!
where we select your favourite images and decide which ones get turned into your favourite products. We mock up options on your ‘virtual walls’ (funky software!) so you can see different sizes, configurations and frames, exactly as they’d look in your home. You pay for them at this point.
I fine tune edit your order before submitting it to my professional printing labs.
I quality check it. If it passes my assessment we arrange for you to collect it. It’s the exciting delivery day!!!!
We work together to achieve your goal and there are never any unexpected prices or surprises.
OK, so now you know what to ask to find someone safe, trustworthy and that can fulfil your brief. Next time we’ll look at ensuring you’re on the same style page!